Plainfield North High School
Thursday, March 12, 2020
Attention Students -
The Media Center will be closed before and after school today, March 12th due to Illinois Science Assessment testing.
Star Scent Candles
Star Scent Candles is selling shamrock shake candles to raise money for St. Baldricks. The 4oz. candles are $5 and can be purchased through the STAR SCENT candles facebook page or by e-mailing Lisa Bulthuis at email@example.com. 100% of the sales of the candles goes directly to St. Baldrick's.
St. Baldrick’s Fundraiser
PNHS Fights to End Childhood Cancer bracelets are on sale for $1.00 in room 306.
Joliet Junior College
Joliet Junior College is coming this Friday to help admitted students apply for over 700 JJC scholarships. They will be in the College & Career Center during all lunch study halls.
Please sign up in Student Services to attend.
Drama Club will not meet this week nor next week due to Spring Musical rehearsals. We will meet Thursday, the 26th, at 3:30pm. Please attend for we will set the agenda for the rest of the school year as well as discuss Drama Club banquet ideas.
This week in Philosophy Club we will be discussing what separates humans from animals. Can any distinction truly be made between man and nature, or are we closer than we’d like to believe? Come share your thoughts with us on today, March 12th in room 403. Hope to see you there!
Black Girls Rock Club
The "Black Girls Rock Club" will be meeting on today, March 12th, from 2:15 pm to 3:30 pm in room 211.
It is not too late to join us. All are welcome.
PNHS Athletic Booster Club Scholarship 2020
The Plainfield North High School Athletic Booster Club is pleased to continue the scholarship program which was established to assist our students with furthering their education. The Boosters will award six scholarships totaling $4,000. Three (3) individual male athlete awards (1 award for $1,000 and 2 awards for $500). Three (3) individual female athlete awards (1 award for $1,000 and 2 awards for $500). The recipients will be named at the Senior Awards Night in the spring. Applicants are expected to attend the banquet.
To apply for a PNHS Athletic Booster Scholarship, each of the following qualifications must be met:
• The Applicant must be a current senior at PNHS.
• The Applicant must be college-bound for the 2020-2021 academic year.
• The parent/legal guardian of the Applicant must be a current member of the PNHS Athletic Boosters (submitted membership by April 1st of the current school year) and must have been a member for at least one (1) additional year during the time the Applicant was a student at PNHS.
• The Applicant must have a minimum cumulative GPA (after 7 semesters of high school) of 3.50 on a 5.0 scale.
• The Applicant must have been a member of a PNHS sports program for a minimum of two (2) years. For purposes of this Scholarship Program, involvement includes being a member of a sports team, a manager or a trainer for the entire duration of the season associated with the Applicant’s sport.
Application available online: http://pnhs.psd202.org/page/athletic-boosters-club
Registration for the Plainfield Hockey Spring Season is now open. Current freshmen, sophomores, and juniors are invited to join. The season runs from late March until late May, with all practices and games taking place at Canlan Ice Arena in Romeoville. See the website for the official notice with additional information about the program.
Registration can be done online at plainfieldhockey.org
Evaluations will be held on Thursday, March 19 from 7:30-8:30 at Canlan, and practices will begin the following week.